I’m so stopped up with art right now. I think the crunch of a thousand things to do is really pressing in on me in a lot of ways. I’m juggling it all well enough, minus a few dropped balls, but I think the constant pressure has me feeling blocked.
Which doesn’t really stop me from getting things *done* that need doing, but it does stop me from doing them *spectacularly* which is really what I would prefer. See: this week’s comic for Walking on Broken Glass. I spent all week last week trying to get the pencils looking remotely good for it. In the end it was was a ‘well … at least it’s done’ page.
I just have so much going on right now, on so many deadlines. Ruggh. I’m so frustrated because I haven’t been able to just let loose and paint or draw … y’know, *whatever*. Any time I try to, I get that dumb pressure to do something Marketable, something I can sell, something that will actually make me money. Or else, to draw something so perfect, so wonderful, that I will have a million fans and everything will be roses.
Which obviously is a terrible motivation for art. >:U
I think maybe after Everfree, I will be a LOT less pressured. And then maybe I can focus more on free, impulsive art that I draw for no good reason. And also on Noah’s Art Camp which I have had absolutely ZERO energy to do, which really bums me out because I was *so freaking excited* to throw myself into it and work myself dead with it. I’m just going to have to go through and do all the assignments when Life isn’t crunching me in the metaphorical balls. I cannot express how guilty I’ve felt about now being able to do it, which *totally* helps the art blockage (/sarcasm). But I think I’m more or less past that now. Now I’m just disappointed.
In short, whine whine whine. I miss arting for fun.
Anyway, to do for this week:
* Craft and send out all the surveys for the Indiegogo
* Reformat issues 3-5 for ebook versions
* Draw in all of the Indiegogo incentives that need drawing
* Order mailers
* Design Special Goodies and order them
* Get the comic page penciled, inked, and colored
* Sell excess furniture on Craigslist, buy new furniture on Craigslist
* Design stickers to sell at Everfree
* Get pictures done for Everfree flyers
* Design business cards for TSSSF
* Draw as many more illustrations for TSSSF as can fit
* Run some mockups for symbol sizes for TSSSF
At least it’s mostly fun stuff!